The MSC Abbott Family Leadership Conference is looking for delegates who are willing to challenge themselves in the following areas:
- Developing a personal value system.
- Valuing their own unique family experience.
- Placing a priority on serving others.
- Desiring to develop ethics founded upon integrity.
Tips for a Competitive Application
1. Complete the application in full and follow directions. Make sure to put your UIN on the top right hand corner of every page, and your application needs to be in PDF form.
2. Identify your goals regarding what you want your application to show. “The mission of the MSC Abbott Family Leadership Conference is to develop and encourage the unique qualities of sophomore and junior student leaders in the areas of ethics, morals, and values in leadership, community service, and the importance of family.”
3. Remember – your application represents YOU! How can you show your true personality through your application? What makes you unique?
4. Be honest in your answers. Show us what you really feel/think/believe. What sets you apart? How can you make your application answers stand out from the crowd? Be creative but still be true to yourself.
5. Attempt to create essays that make an impression. Your essays should be personal and specific. Include concrete details to make your experiences and ideas come alive: who, what, where, and when.
6. Give it a final “once-over.” Proofread the entire application carefully. Ask someone else to read it over also. You want to make sure you’re giving us the best representation of yourself.